Friday, April 29, 2016

Effectively Organized: The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up - Home Tour


So, I've finally Kon-Mari-ed my entire house. I organized, painted, upholstered, hung art and now my home is a pleasant, cozy space. It's also organized enough that I can find things easily on a regular basis. Yep. I believe in Marie Kondo's method of organizing. Most of the art I have in the house is art from other artists. If I know the artist, I'll link them. I'll start this post with guest spaces. 

Guest Space #1

I painted the dresser, tables, and head board in Annie Sloan chalk paint. The pillows are from my Zazzle shop. The driftwood whale was from a local art show in St. Augustine. The painting on the wall is one of my own textured canvas color washed in blues. I'd like to learn how to reupholster the chair in some of my fabrics at some point.  



Guest Space #2

The quilts in this guest room are by Rose Ann Points of Delightful Little Things. The bed frames, tables, and lamp are Craig's List finds. The wall hangings are random things I've found here and there. I've decorated this room specifically for my nieces to stay over with me. If I have two sets of couples, one of them gets the "Dick Van Dyke" show guest room. :-) It works nicely for families though.


The chest below is my mom's child hood chest. It got passed around the family and I finally repainted it. The chairs are some beautiful finds from Eco Relics up in Jacksonville. And the beautiful butterfly is by Mandy Saile. I have several of her original art works. Her bright, happy birds and butterflies make my home so happy.



Guest Bathroom

The poppies painting are by my friends Brenda Liz.The cute little birds are by my friend in Michigan. The sea turtles are made in Haiti of upcycled steel drums and can be purchased in one of the local art stores called Amistad.


The wall hooks for the towels are another driftwood creation. The hummingbird is another Mandy Saile creation.


More hour tour in a future post.

No comments:

Post a Comment