- You don't have time
- You examine your priorities and find the opportunity doesn't match
- You need to manage expectations and cannot provide as quick a turn-around as is being expected
- Or, if you examine an opportunity in light of your personal values and you find they conflict with your value or belief system.
- It's not necessary to convert everyone to your way of thinking
- It's not necessary to be defensive--often a simple explanation will suffice
- It is good social and business sense to show respect and kindness for the other person's point of view
The main point I would like to convey, is to give at least some consideration to the forms and ways you participate online and how they reflect you and your values. Let your online presence be a genuine reflection of the pieces of you which you choose to convey in the online format. So, who are you in real life? How does that translate into your online presence?