Sunday, May 10, 2009

Effectively Focused: Laying the Foundation for Your Creative Corral - Part II

Following up from last week's post on Laying the Foundation for Your Creative Corral, there are three questions, that only you can answer. The first one:

Priorities

What are your life priorities? Within those priorities, what are the sub-priorities? What are "must-attend" appointments for the week/month? Understanding your priorities and their relationship to each other helps you know what needs to be sacrificed and in what order. It's amazing how much you get done when working from a priority list. For me, it also a motivator to care for my priorities in the most effective and efficient way...so I can go play and do something creative (it's my creative carrot). I can then create without guilt. This habit also protects me from burnout.

Next week, Question #2...

(P.S. - want to read the rest of the article now? Sign up for the newsletter over to the left.)

No comments:

Post a Comment